ESPL Finding Aids
- Additional Resources not in ESPL catalog
- African American Genealogical Resources at ESPL
- ESVA Historical Index
- Tangier Resources at ESPL
- Archival Collections
- Microfilm in the Eastern Shore Room
Accomack County Cemetery Finding Aid
This resource incorporates and builds on two published books documenting Accomack County cemeteries by Jean Mihalyka and Mary Francis Cary, Barry Miles and M.K. Miles. Notably, it also includes GPS coordinates for assistance in physically locating small family cemeteries.
Instructions for using the Guide are located on the sheet named “1 TITLE” contained in the Guide below.
Many thanks to Mr. Lear for making this resource available to the public.
- A Guide to Finding the Cemeteries in Accomack County, Virginia: A Companion Guide to both Graven Stones and Tombstone Inscriptions of Upper Accomack County with additional information, compiled by Robert Hudson Lear
- Clusters: upper and lower
- Cluster maps: upper and lower
Court Order Abstracts
The Eastern Shore Public Library is pleased to make available in digital format JoAnn Riley McKey’s Accomack County Court Order Abstracts beginning with Volume 28 (1777-1780). Earlier volumes in this distinguished series, covering the years 1663 to 1777, were published by Heritage Books. ESPL is honored that Ms. McKey has chosen to publish digitally and free of charge her forthcoming work on the library’s website.
Eastern Shore Public Library wishes to thank Allen Hamilton for donating his transcription of Northampton County personal property and land tax information to our online resources. Mr. Hamilton has published several transcriptions of land and personal property taxes for Northampton County, all of which are available at ESPL.
- Northampton County Land Tax 1846
- Northampton County Landowners 1880
- Northampton County Personal Property Tax 1853
Eastern Shore Public Library wishes to thank Allen Hamilton for donating his transcription of Northampton County liquor licenses 1867, 1869, 1871, 1873, 1875, 1877, 1879 & 1881 to our online resources. For additional years, please see Mr. Hamilton’s book Northampton County Liquor Licenses 1860-1905, published by Heritage Books in 2020.
Marriage and Death Notices
ESVA Native American research by Kirk C. Mariner
From the Kirk C. Mariner Collection at Eastern Shore Public Library, a collection of references to Native Americans on the Eastern Shore of Virginia from various sources from the 17th and early 18th century.