The Eastern Shore Regional Library & Heritage Center in Parksley provides free notary services during hours of operation. We are able to offer notary services in both English and Spanish.
Northampton Free Library in Nassawadox also offers notary services.
Please call the library before your visit to make sure that the notary is available.
- Eastern Shore Regional Library & Heritage Center: 757-787-3400
- Northampton Free Library: 757-414-0010
Before you come, please note:
- Photo identification is require for all notary services.
- Please do not sign any documents before you come.
- Please bring a witness with you if required. The witness must also have photo identification, and must be a person that you know.
- We ask that individuals do not solicit witnesses from other customers using the library or from our staff.
- Notaries can decline to provide service if the document, customer, or circumstances raise any question of doubt, issue of authenticity, or otherwise uncertainty.
Please be aware that notaries cannot notarize:
- Birth, marriage, or death certificates
- Documents in a language they do not understand
Notaries also cannot:
- Prepare legal documents
- Provide legal advice or any counseling regarding your documents
- Post or pre-date a document
- Be a witness