The Eastern Shore Public Library provides free notary services during hours of operation. We also a bilingual notary. Northampton Free Library also offers notary services.
Please call the library to make sure that the notary is available, before you come.
Eastern Shore Regional Library & Heritage Center 757-787-3400
Northampton Free Library 757-414-0010
Before you come, please note:
- Photo identification is require for all notary services.
- Please do not sign any documents before you come.
- Please bring a witness with you if required. The witness must also have photo identification, and must be a person that you know.
- We ask that individuals do not solicit witnesses from other customers using the library or from our staff.
- Notaries can decline to provide service if the document, customer, or circumstances raise any question of doubt, issue of authenticity, or otherwise uncertainty.
Please be aware that notaries cannot notarize:
- Birth, marriage, or death certificates
Documents in a language they do not understand
Notaries also cannot:
- Prepare legal documents
- Provide legal advice or any counseling regarding your documents
- Post or pre-date a document
- Be a witness